Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WHEN I WAS JUST A LITTLE GIRL...

...I remember waking up every morning to the sound of Kenny G and his Sax. On occasion, I would go downstairs and see old Beatles music videos playing on the TV. It was "Yellow Submarine" and I could remember it so vividly.

Then, when I wasn't practicing piano, my dad would sit and play "Hey Jude" all dramatically, and I would just watch.

My dad made a big influence on my taste in music. Hearing that music now, brings back old memories. Memories of when music was first introduced to me.

Back in the day, I loved Ace of Base, No Mercy, Spice Girls, Jewel, and Boys II Men. There were more I think, but those are the most significant. I listened to their CASSETTES all the time. In the car, in my cassette player, ALL THE TIME.

Then, my brother gave me something called a CD, and it was Celine Dion, The Colour of My Love 1993 Album. I was blown away.

He also gave me Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins CDs. I got into that too. WOW.

One day, after I got off the bus to my house, I walked inside and saw five guys dancing in the rain on the TV. It was the Backstreet Boys. NOW, I was in love. Soon after came NSYNC, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and then came my obsession with Total Request Live on MTV, back when Carson Daly was VJ. It was a daily ritual to watch it. (I would catch the #1 video once I arrived home, and I would watch the rerun at 8 pm)

It all started in Elementary School. Now I'm getting older and I listen to pretty much everything. Music was my life. Well, still IS my life.

- a narrative of when music firstcame into my world

Love and Peace,

Natalie

No comments:

hmmm.

Image Map
| | | | | Image Map