Friday, June 20, 2014

Watermelon Soju GALORE

Disclaimer: I'm not Korean. This is not a traditional recipe, I altered it very mildly from recipes I've seen online and from a tutorial I watched on YouTube. Also, my recipe is very lax considering I just poured enough to fit my watermelon and to satisfy my taste. I encourage you to do so too because too much or too less of something can make a difference especially for someone who does not want it too sweet.

Recipe
1 large watermelon (cut in half)
1 cup Soju
1 cup 7up (substitute with Sprite or Sierra Mist)
1/2 cup simple syrup
1 lemon (juice only)
Ice cubes

1. Cut your watermelon in half. Tip: If you want more watermelon, then you should actually cut 1/4 of the watermelon off instead and use the bigger portion. Be sure to cut to make a nice neat cut. Scoop the meat out of the watermelon leaving the inside of the shell nice and clean so that it could be used for serving the cocktail later.
2. Pour the meat into a blender and blend the watermelon meat to a nice pulp. Strain the watermelon juice into a separate bowl, straining out all of the pulp. After straining, you might have some white froth at the top of the juice. Use a spoon to scoop out the froth. Then, you can already pour this into the watermelon shell before adding your other contents.
3. Add in your Soju (I used Jinro which is 20% alcohol) and 7up. Then, add your simple syrup. As far as the amount of Soju and 7up, I just poured according to taste so you can use more or less. Same goes for the simple syrup. I do not think you should use the entire 1/2 cup. Just prepare that much just in case.
4. Squeeze your lemon juice into your watermelon soju mixture and add your ice cubes. Serve with lemon garnish if desired!

Don't mind the Midori and Baileys in the back. I was making buttery nipples the other night. Haha!

The finished product! Dangerous cocktail since it sneaks up on you. Love me some of this to help me relax and actually help me sleep since I have such an off scheduled. Enjoy!

No comments:

hmmm.

Image Map
| | | | | Image Map